Blog Post #9

 - What I find particularly enriching about EME2040 is the infusion of creativity inherent in the journey of becoming an educator. As a computer science major, I often encounter a dearth of creative outlets, given that much of coding involves building upon existing frameworks. However, what captivates me about this course is the realization that no two classrooms are alike; each possesses its own unique blend of personalities and trends. This realization has illuminated the profound creativity inherent in teaching, while simultaneously underscoring its formidable challenges—a realization that forms one of my reservations about the field. Nonetheless, armed with newfound skills, such as those acquired through Canva, I am poised to enhance my classroom environment and embrace the multifaceted art of teaching.

-Open Educational Resources (OER) are educational materials that are freely available for anyone to use, adapt, and share. These resources can include textbooks, lectures, quizzes, lesson plans, and more, covering a wide range of subjects and grade levels. What sets OER apart is their open licenses, such as Creative Commons licenses, which allow educators to modify and customize the materials to suit their specific needs and the needs of their students. This accessibility and flexibility make OER invaluable tools for promoting equitable access to education and fostering innovation in teaching and learning.  https://community.oerproject.com/b/blog

-I found fulfillment in sharing knowledge with others, yet I'm not particularly keen on creating PowerPoint presentations or devising my own learning objectives for teaching. I prefer to have a solid grasp of the material beforehand, allowing me to focus on delivering it effectively rather than starting from scratch each time.

Comments

Popular Posts