Blog Journal #2

- I am majoring in Computer Science so I was already very proficient in all the Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. And this all happened because in middle school I took a lot of computer literacy classes which made me enjoy computer tasks. Then as you progress through High-School especially during COVID where all the tasks were digital you become very proficient in these applications. Now in College at FSU it's more of a daily thing to submit tasks through Canvas. 


- The standard most meaningful for me on the ISTE.ORG website was definitely 2.3 citizen - 2.3a positive experience. The reason I chose this was because I had a favorite teacher in high-school named Ms.Darbois and she made AP Human Geography not so insufferable. Plus her ability to be a real human and remove that superiority position made it for me to like her class more and as well her as just another person. Being able to create a positive experience allows for students to want to learn and want to do extra things like talk to you about other things. 


- I agree with the idea that the word digital native is true. People who are born in the digital era are of course going to be more fluent in all things digital, when you give a child an IPAD at a young age all they will do is progressively get more technology such as an IPhone, Macbook, and more. The technology fluency never goes away, the only thing that changes is the platform being used. I do believe there will be a moment that there is nothing physical anymore like paper and pencils. As for my students I expect there will be a moment they overpass me in technology knowledge. 

Comments

Popular Posts